The Twelve Kingdoms Forum

This forum is for DISCUSSION ONLY. Rules: No IRC, Torrent, FTP, or any other Distribution details allowed!

recomendation for anime similar to 12k

Talk about other anime, manga, or talk just about anything and everything!

Moderator: zitch

Re: recomendation for anime similar to 12k

Postby lidoxbecky » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:01 am

I'd like to recommend Jyu Oh Sei! It's a pretty interesting anime. It's about a pair of twins who got thrown into a primitive world by someone unknown and they had to survive and be strong in that new world and be at the top in order to go back to where they had come from. It's similar to 12kingdoms because both of the main characters have to fight to the top and be a leader. They both have that kind of authority.
Saiunkoku Monogatari's good too if you like Fushigi Yugi. It's pretty similar.
I recently just finished The Twelve Kingdoms so I'm trying to find more that matches up with this kind of theme. New world, historical, fantasy/slight political kind of anime. When I say political, I don't really mean straight up politics but like a "kingdom" where there is anarchy. I'm also going to recommend Kyou Kara Maoh since that was the first "kingdom" kind of anime I watched and loved.
Someone recommended Seirei no Moribito; that's an awesome pick! Female bodyguard, Balsa, protecting the prince while she had a troubled past with the royal family before already.. that's not really similar to twelve kingdoms, but the historical part matches up.
Well.. there's always Inuyasha and Clamp's Tsubasa series that fits the time/dimension travels..
Then there's also The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, a movie that's about.. well.. a girl who leapt thru time.. lol. she had many chances to go back in time. It's pretty cute actually, not that alike to 12kingdoms though. It's just a short cute and romantic movie, not series full of action and adventures.
Hakuoki is a good historical kind of anime if anyone's interested. It's about a girl who witnessed something she shouldn't have from the shinsengumi, some type of military group. They're trained samurais who are not as popular as real samurais with powers and enlisted under the shoguns or the influential figures. The series is all fun and historical...
But yeah, This is the end of my recommendations~ :)
lidoxbecky
Ranka

Postby Shokou » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:14 am

I'm awfully sorry: I moved your post away from the topic thinking it was spam and now I can't move it back. Could you post it at the topic "recomendation for anime similar to 12k" again?
"Do you really think you can kill me? Even the heavens have failed to punish me until now. What could possibly make you able to best me?"
Shokou
Kingun Shogun

Postby siamon » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:15 am

I'd like to recommend Jyu Oh Sei! It's a pretty interesting anime. It's about a pair of twins who got thrown into a primitive world by someone unknown and they had to survive and be strong in that new world and be at the top in order to go back to where they had come from. It's similar to 12kingdoms because both of the main characters have to fight to the top and be a leader. They both have that kind of authority.
Saiunkoku Monogatari's good too if you like Fushigi Yugi. It's pretty similar.
siamon
siamon
Ranka

Return to General Chat