The Twelve Kingdoms Forum

This forum is for DISCUSSION ONLY. Rules: No IRC, Torrent, FTP, or any other Distribution details allowed!

Introduce yourself

Talk about other anime, manga, or talk just about anything and everything!

Moderator: zitch

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby mzshineshine » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:11 pm

So... the last post here was 2 years ago. Has the popularity of this series waned? ;_;

I'll admit. I'm late to jump on the bandwagon, even though an old friend of mine recommended this series to me, what...

5 years ago?

Well, I just finished watching the anime last week, and I must say I'm in love. I haven't read the novels, and probably don't have the patience to do so online. I may in the future, however.

If anything, the one thing that really struck me about this series is, fantastical context notwithstanding, Youko is going through something that almost every young adult faces--simply growing up and learning who you are as a person. A lot of the wisdom I heard in this anime I actually took the heart. I tend to love this style of anime as they're usually visually appealing. As for Juuni Kokki, it appeals to me visually, yes, but more so emotionally. I'm glad to have found it.

And even more glad to be amongst other fans who love it, too! ^^ Hello everyone, it's nice to meet you. I hope I'm not too late. ;)
mzshineshine
Ranka

Postby Shokou » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:15 am

Hi...I'm a moderator here, and I accidentally split your posts into topics, so if you could post them at the orignal threads you made them and correct my mistake, I'd be thankful.

With that out of the way, I believe a specific forum for this series was to be expected to have less popularity, and the wisdom from this anime is indeed fantastical-I think they did a job even better than the novels. The character development is fantastical on Youko but it doesn't stop being very great on other important characters such as Keiki, En-ou, Shoukei and Suzu, and the static characters are just as great...it all fits very well with the series' world and done in a very emotionally touching way. It's never late to appreciate this masterpiece.
"Do you really think you can kill me? Even the heavens have failed to punish me until now. What could possibly make you able to best me?"
Shokou
Kingun Shogun

Postby Nightheart » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:35 pm

I agree, one of the things that makes this stand out as a show in general is the fact that the characters in them all grow and change which makes them more interesting. One of my favorite things about the series is the level of detail that the writer puts into the world and all of the people that live in it. One of the things that drives me crazy about the show (and the novels too if you get down to it) is the way it leaves so much left unfinished at the end. Well, more to write with i guess.... Still.... Anyway, welcome to our little corner of the internet, glad to have the company!
Self-plug (utterly shameless!) The Path of Sorrows, The Dragon Throne. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8043403/1/The_Path_of_Sorrows_The_Dragon_Throne And also... The Convenient Queen http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8784719/1/The-Convenient-Queen
Nightheart
Ningen

Return to General Chat