The Twelve Kingdoms Forum

This forum is for DISCUSSION ONLY. Rules: No IRC, Torrent, FTP, or any other Distribution details allowed!

recomendation for anime similar to 12k

Talk about other anime, manga, or talk just about anything and everything!

Moderator: zitch

Re: recomendation for anime similar to 12k

Postby mzshineshine » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:13 pm

Hi, new forum member here, so I hope it's okay to post to this thread as I see the original thread was spread out... or something.

Just thought I'd comment on how I've seen most of the anime the OP recommended and have absolutely NO idea why it took me so dang long to try Juuni Kokki. It also helps me realize that I really do like a certain type of anime. You know, the historical/political/old world/darn-near-middle-kingdom-esque type. xD

I see there's also some new titles here among the ones you recommended that I haven't seen. I'm eager to check them out! Thank you!

I'm personally seconding both Saiunkoku Monogatari and Inuyasha as they are my absolute favorites of all time. For those who haven't seen Saiunkoku season 2 or Inuyasha Final Act, I highly suggest you do! ^^
mzshineshine
Ranka

Postby Shokou » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:17 am

I also enjoy "old world" themes, even though I am sure it was not as good to live them as it is in modern worlds...
"Do you really think you can kill me? Even the heavens have failed to punish me until now. What could possibly make you able to best me?"
Shokou
Kingun Shogun

Postby Nightheart » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:22 pm

If you don't mind watching live action drama's and have the time to invest heavily, there's an asian drama version of the Romance of Three Kingdoms that was completed in 2010 (I think) that is well worth watching. You won't be sorry, it's really well done, but very very long. I'd reccommend taking it only a few episodes at a time. Still, really very good.
Self-plug (utterly shameless!) The Path of Sorrows, The Dragon Throne. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8043403/1/The_Path_of_Sorrows_The_Dragon_Throne And also... The Convenient Queen http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8784719/1/The-Convenient-Queen
Nightheart
Ningen

Return to General Chat