The Twelve Kingdoms Forum

This forum is for DISCUSSION ONLY. Rules: No IRC, Torrent, FTP, or any other Distribution details allowed!

any manga readers out there?!?

Talk about other anime, manga, or talk just about anything and everything!

Moderator: zitch

any manga readers out there?!?

Postby ruiwen » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:58 am

hey!! anybody reads manga!!!:D haha.. other den loving anime... :wink: any1 reads manga?!?! do u have any manga to introduce??:D
ruiwen
Kaikyaku

Postby ssfsx17 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:35 am

Yes

You should try out Hajime no Ippo. It's one of the best manga out there.
"People are easily amused by quotes." - Some guy with a cool-sounding name.
ssfsx17
Kaikyaku

Postby Mercury » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:35 pm

Nowadays it seems I spend more time reading manga than watching anime. A lot of times an anime takes too long to go over events in comparison to its manga counterpart, or maybe I'm too impatient. Anyway, there are a few manga that for me stand out from many of the other titles out there.

Ah! My Goddess - Fun, relaxing, and enjoyable
Berserk - Violent, dark, and heavy, and captivating storytelling
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - Slowly paced, relaxing, 'slice of life' genre
Tenjo Tenge - A bit heavy on the fanservice and nudity, but a complex plot and interesting storyline more than make up for it.
Yakitate Japan - The most entertaining manga about making bread you'll ever read
Blade of the Immortal - The art, story, and characters make it a keeper for me

That's about all I can pull off the top of my head. Then again, if I can't remember it, it probably wasn't that good, so there're my picks.
Exeunt the Storyteller
Mercury
Kaikyaku

Postby umiko » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:38 am

:D i also enjoy reading manga and watching anime.... my favorite manga is
:arrow: pretty face
:arrow: inuyasha
:arrow: tsubasa resevoir chonicle
:arrow: card captor sakura
:arrow: full metal alchemist
:arrow: eye shield 21
:arrow: the prince of tennis (for this i onluy watch the anime ... the drawings are not so nice)

and many-many more.... it's just too much to write it out
umiko
Ningen

Postby ruiwen » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:32 am

yea!! tsubasa chronicle is nice!! if u've read tt.. u shld try xxxholic and oso in chinese it's mi2 huan4 yao4 ju2!! it's like connected!! very interesting..:D
ruiwen
Kaikyaku

Postby umiko » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:23 am

:D hey ruiwen can u tell me more about xxx holic??? i only read once and couldn't really understand...(of course i only read once, how to understand??)
umiko
Ningen

Postby Shusei 2 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:32 pm

I'll have to check out XXX Holic one of these days.

Currently, my fav manga are:

Tramps Like Us (AKA Kimi Wa Petto)
Blade of the Immortal
Hikaru no Go
Revenge of the Mouflon
Hot Gimmick
Bremen
(and if you'll allow me to include Korean comics then I'll also add:) Kiss me, Kill me and I.N.V.U.
Shusei 2
Shogun

Postby ruiwen » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:02 pm

hehe.. umiko ar.... xxxholic... ok.. i've onli read the chinese version.. so i won't reali noe the ppl's name in jap pronunciation... but the guy, si4 yue4 yi4 ri4 * if i'm not wrong...* is a guy who can see ghost... and tt gal... wierd gal.. if i'm wrong.. her name is yuuko.. she is some kind of gal who can predict the future and grants ur wish but the person who wants their wish granted has to give their most precious thing in return.. if u've read tsubasa... u wld noe tt syaoran gave his most precious thing.. wic was all his memory with sakura... den the whole story is about how this guy actually became her "slave", cookin for her n etc... and helpin her to grant others' wishes... or sth like tt... i dunno whether i'm a good explainer or not.. but if u have any more to enquire.. hehe.. i dun mind xplaining... :wink:

and shusei 2... try addin korean 1s.. but do u have the chinese names?? it's ezier to find like this...

ssfsx17 - may i noe the manga's chinese name??Hajime no Ippo...:D

mercury.. how bt the other chinese names??

ohya!! how can i forget!! a very nice manga.. is also bleach.. shld try readin it... haha.. and the anime is also very very nice!!
ruiwen
Kaikyaku

Postby ssfsx17 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:06 pm

"Hajime no Ippo" can be translated as "Fighting Spirit of Ippo." In the US, it's just called "Fighting Spirit." I know that "Ippo" can also mean "First Step." It's about boxing and the main character is a little bit spiky-haired, if that helps.
ssfsx17
Kaikyaku

THe fighting

Postby Shusei 2 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:09 am

I haven't read any of Hajime no Ippo's manga but I saw the first DVD volume a couple months back and thought it was pretty awsome. I think I'm gonna have to invest in the series. ^-^
Shusei 2
Shogun

Postby piotrus » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:47 am

There is no 12K manga out there, right? Strange, don't you think so?
piotrus
Ranka

Postby ruiwen » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:07 pm

thankiez... i shall try to find... :wink: newayz, 12k manga... hmmm.. mayb it's coz the novel oso nv finish yet?!? nvm... wierd..
ruiwen
Kaikyaku

Postby umiko » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:32 am

:D anybody at here have read Death Note??? it is the best i've ever read.........
umiko
Ningen

Postby ssfsx17 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:53 pm

I just found some manga that has a little bit in common with 12k:

The Ravages of Time: it's about the Three Kingdoms era. Kind of violent, but it has the feel of feudal China.

The Story of Beijing Opera: loaded with pretty boys, but it has the same mystical / exotic feel that 12k has.
ssfsx17
Kaikyaku

Postby Shusei 2 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:04 am

I wish they'd make a 12k manga. That'd be so awsome. Especially if they had the time and money to draw it the way the novel's images are done.
Shusei 2
Shogun

Postby kei_taiho » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:21 pm

a good manga is "deathnote"...it's just sumwhere here in the net....tish really nice...:D

Shusei 2 wrote:I wish they'd make a 12k manga. That'd be so awsome. Especially if they had the time and money to draw it the way the novel's images are done.

actually, i am dreaming to do it myself... hope i could...i am not still able to purchase english novel(i doubt there is one), and tha anime set...but i will really do...if i am good enuff(which i also doubt i am)
I shall never leave your side. My eternal loyalty, I pledge unto you
kei_taiho
Taika

Postby Tahki » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:25 am

Current collecting:

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicals<Partial to CLAMP books
Fushugi Yugi: Genbu Kaiden<Same as abover, diff author
Fruit Basket<Charming gem of a fairy tale.
Oran High School Host Club< Unusual premise
D.N.Angel < timeless way cool art.
PeaceMaker looks cool tho....but it's heck to collecting english manga...
Tahki
Hanjyuu

Postby Shusei 2 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:24 am

To my list of manga, I'm gonna have to add Wallflower and probably deathnote (haven't read it yet but I get the feeling I'm gonna really like it when I do.)

Kei taiho wrote:

actually, i am dreaming to do it myself... hope i could...i am not still able to purchase english novel(i doubt there is one), and tha anime set...but i will really do...if i am good enuff(which i also doubt i am)

well, if you could do that, it'd be really cool, otherwise maybe you could try to get a couple people together to work on with you? It'd be an incredibly big project to do on your own. The characters okay, the beasts, that'd be tricky and time consuming to draw and the backgrounds-my god there's so much going on...[/quote]
Shusei 2
Shogun

Postby kei_taiho » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:01 am

Shusei 2 wrote:To my list of manga, I'm gonna have to add Wallflower and probably deathnote (haven't read it yet but I get the feeling I'm gonna really like it when I do.)

Kei taiho wrote:

well, if you could do that, it'd be really cool, otherwise maybe you could try to get a couple people together to work on with you? It'd be an incredibly big project to do on your own. The characters okay, the beasts, that'd be tricky and time consuming to draw and the backgrounds-my god there's so much going on...
[/quote]
yes....yes i know...the monster really are scary to do...very complicated...but i will do it when i am good enuff....:D
I shall never leave your side. My eternal loyalty, I pledge unto you
kei_taiho
Taika

Postby umiko » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:21 pm

>> yakitate! japan...
>> tsubasa reservoir chronicle>> sakura and shaoran.......hehe
>> samurai kyo deeper >> very bloody....and funny
>> xxx holic >> hehe.... yuko is cool and bossy....hehe
>> tokyo crazy paradise >> fighting, and romance veryyyyy cool ( so far this is my favorite)
>> full moon wo sagashite >> compared to the anime... i like the manga better
>> milk crown >> a funny manga.... nice
>> ichigo 100% >> sad..... why junpei is wif nishino.... but not bad...(i was hoping he will go wif toujo)
>> fruits basket >> havent finish ...so long..... latest was vol 19...
>> dn angel>> the anime is not bad.....dark is soooooo cooooolll

and many more....... can't remember.........
umiko
Ningen

Postby rosecream » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:46 am

Romance is my favorite

skip beat- the main character is funny and the story just pulls you in same creator as tokyo crazy paradise

fruits basket- number 1 characters range from sweet to annoying but this story has heart

cat street- by the same creator as boys over flower its enjoyable

from far away- not bad sweet is the word for it

fushigi yugi genbu kaiden- darker than the other one but seems to have more meaning not as funny

silver queen- a land ruled by women need i say more?

genku alice- wacky like fruits basket but more funny and throw in some of the supernatural

dear- very rpg but its cute

basara- epic but i kinda grew bored

red river- girl gets suck back in time yes very done but the male lead and the main characters struggles make it great alothough it has 28 volumes

and those are some of my favorites although i have alot more!
rosecream
Kaikyaku

Postby Shusei 2 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:21 pm

Has anyone read Nana? It's awsome! I've only read about a volume's worth of it, not quite sure where it's going but it's great. Anyone who's enjoyed Paradise Kiss with love it-at least I think you will. Don't want to be presumptious.
Shusei 2
Shogun

Postby sk » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:40 am

Omg... where to start..
I"m a Manga addict, and that's where my true passion lies :P

Nana: Is good, but just pick one version of it to watch, or read there's the Manga (original), the live action movie, a Anime series starting in April, NANA the dating sim game, the PSP game, the credit card.. oh.. :p hehe
I'd rate NANA 3.5-4 stars, just because i know Yazawa Ai did better stuff...

Tenshi Nanka Jyanai (I'm no Angel) by Yazawa Ai: One of her best series ever.. seriously it's so cute!! (Shojyo)

Bokuno Chikyu wo Mamotte (Please Save my Earth) by Hiwatari Saki: It's old but a classic... you haven't read enough shojyo manga if you haven't read this

Kaze Hikaru (Shining Wind) by Watanabe Taeko: Read this one if you like Japanese History, or the Shinsengumi, the art work takes a little bit of getting used to but, i love this series...

Mushishi by Urushibara Yuki : I'm biased I tl'ed the anime (C1-anime), but the Manga is very good. (if you've seen the anime it's almost exactly the same) It's short stories that have kind of an old tale feel :)

Zero by Yamazaki Takako: A manga feature in a bunch of kids in the near future, a world (or just Japan ) That's being controlled by the military after a bomb fell. Its interesting :)

Nodame Cantabi-re (Nodame Cantebile) by Ninomiya Tomoko:
A VERY VERY funny quirky series, it was going to be J-dramaed till someone in the Johonny's office put an end to it (not sure why). Very popular in Japan :)

Anything by Takao Shigeru
(Dear Mine, Teruteru x Shounen, Golden days) Her stuff has something very very attractive about it. Soft art work :)

a...
I think I'll stop there for now.. getting carried away..
tell me if you want more reviews ;)
sk
Hanjyuu

Postby rosecream » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:01 am

Nana is different and i like it more than paradise kiss her stories can be depressing and i have a feeling Nana will have a similar ending to paradise kiss but something about it just draws you in and it seems more realistic than many other shoujos and thats why i find it sad and somewhat brutal as the latest chapters are dark
rosecream
Kaikyaku

Next

Return to General Chat