The Twelve Kingdoms Forum

This forum is for DISCUSSION ONLY. Rules: No IRC, Torrent, FTP, or any other Distribution details allowed!

twelve kingdoms: Story unfinished?

Discuss about anything related to the Twelve Kingdoms, also known as 十二国記, Juuni Kokki or Jūni Kokuki. Talk about the novels, the anime, the writer Fuyumi Ono or illustrator Akihiro Yamada, but beware for spoilers!

Moderator: zitch

twelve kingdoms: Story unfinished?

Postby Vhaerun » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:46 am

I mean about the kingdom of tai and teiki. There's no closure :(
Vhaerun
Ranka

Postby Juuni » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:28 am

No, it is not finished. What happened to Taiki you can find out by reading Mashou no Ko and Tasogare no Kishi, Akatsuki no Sora.
But there isn't anything written about what happened to Gyousou :cry: Yet.
"I'm used to it now. Such things no longer bother me." - Kouya
Juuni
Hanjyuu

Mashou no Ko

Postby Articienta » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:34 pm

Concerning Mashou no Ko - has it ever been published? From what I know, it's supposed to be the first novel Fyumi Ono has written when she got the idea of Juuni Kokki, right? But I never heard of it being published... I mean, English edition, of course.
Articienta
Ranka

Postby Juuni » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:37 pm

Speaking strictly from what I have read and know. There's no harm in getting a second opinion.

Yes, Mashou no Ko it was the first novel Fuyumi Ono has written that belongs in the Twelve Kingdoms universe. She wanted to write a horror story, but then the ideas developed into what we know today as Twelve Kingdoms. As to date the only ones that have been published are Tsuki no Kage, Kage no Umi and Kaze no Umi, Meikyuu no Kishi, so no Mashou no Ko.

However, some of the novels have been translated and they can be found on the internet, including Mashou no Ko. Check this link for an account of the available translations: http://cantok.freehostia.com/01links.html#novel. Work in progress and updated pretty accurately. But that's not the only site who offers link to translations, so you might want to check others too. That's only the first one which came to my mind.
"I'm used to it now. Such things no longer bother me." - Kouya
Juuni
Hanjyuu

Re: twelve kingdoms: Story unfinished?

Postby Nightheart » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:01 pm

It drove me absolutely crazy that the anime ended where it did, with absolutely no closure whatsoever with the Gyousou/Taiki arc, I mean, why even bother putting the story of Taiki in there if you're not going to finish it, much less follow up with Taiki being found by Yuka Sugimoto in hourai. I liked Taiki, and I really liked Gyousou, who just seems like he'd make an awesome king. It got so much under my skin that I had to use my writing skills to write my own follow up (before I managed to find Eugene Woodbury's excellent translation of The Sky at Twilight). It's currently being posted if you're interested. See my link below.
Self-plug (utterly shameless!) The Path of Sorrows, The Dragon Throne. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8043403/1/The_Path_of_Sorrows_The_Dragon_Throne And also... The Convenient Queen http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8784719/1/The-Convenient-Queen
Nightheart
Ningen

Postby Shokou » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:36 pm

I heard Pierrot were planning on continuing it by the time they "introduced Taiki", but for some reason changed their minds. Probably to focus on their generic shounen crap.
"Do you really think you can kill me? Even the heavens have failed to punish me until now. What could possibly make you able to best me?"
Shokou
Kingun Shogun

Postby carlanox » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:51 am

hey guys.

after few years, finaly im back. guess what? because i re-watch the series again and surprisingly I still like it...A LOT...

after a little research here and there, it seems that still no good news about when new books are coming and even new anime about the return of Taiki....
If you see shoku in front of you, what will you do?
carlanox
Taika

Postby Shokou » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:45 pm

I don't think we'll get good news about that...but I believe the excellent experience both the anime and novels deliver remains the same.
"Do you really think you can kill me? Even the heavens have failed to punish me until now. What could possibly make you able to best me?"
Shokou
Kingun Shogun

Postby gwenie25 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:56 am

WHAT HAPPENED TO GYOUSOU? IS THERE NO BOOK ABOUT IT YET?
THE LAST THING I KNOW IS THAT RISAI AND TAIKI SET OUT ON A JOURNEY TOWARDS TAI KINGDOM.
WHAT HAPPENS NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXT? :(
I WANT MORE OF TAIKI. I FINISHED READING THE OTHER BOOKS CONCERNING HIM ALREADY.
ALL THAT IS LEFT IS A BOOK FOR HIM AND RISAI FINDING GYOUSOU. KAMISAMA! PLEASE MAKE THE AUTHOR WRITE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!
:oops:
gwenie25
Ranka

Postby gwenie25 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:58 am

IT IS ALREADY 2015 BUT I AM STILL WAITING FOR A BOOK TO CONTINUE TE STORY OF TAIKI! :(
I WANT TO READ MORE OF HIM ESPECIALLY ABOUT SEARCHING FOR GYOUSO.
gwenie25
Ranka

Return to The Twelve Kingdoms Discussion